Write a review
1 hr 30 min
1 hr 30 min
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter (you can also use shortening)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup cold water
- PEACH FILLING
- 3-4 15 oz packages of Dole Peaches in juice. (When peaches are in season use about 3-3.5 pounds. Boil them for 5 minutes to loosen the skin then peel, remove pit and slice.)
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1.5 cup brown sugar (I usually end up with adding two cups)
- 1-2 teaspoons ground nutmeg (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons of ground cinnamon (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- In a medium/large bowl, sift the flour, 3 tablespoons sugar, and salt. Add in the butter (must be very cold) cutting it in with a cold fork until it looks like peas.
- In another bowl, whisk together the egg and cold water. Add in flour mixture a little at a time and mix with your hands to form dough into a ball. Chill 30 minutes or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Roll out half of dough to about 1/8 inch. Place in a 9x13 inch baking dish, covering bottom and halfway up sides. Use fork to poke holes in it to keep it from rising. Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- In a large saucepan, mix the peaches and lemon juice, once steaming add 1/2 cup butter, cook on medium-low until butter is melted and everything is combined.
- In another bowl, stir together 2 cups sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon, and cornstarch, add to peach mixture on stove, then pour into baked crust.
- Roll remaining dough to about ¼ inch thick and cut into strips. Alternate layers of strips to create a lattice design over peach filling. Top with melted butter and sugar.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until top crust is golden brown.
- Wear loose pants and top with Blue Bell Vanilla Ice Cream – no other Vanilla ice cream is better with peach cobbler – Blue Bell is the absolute best. No shade Häagen-Dazs #shade.
The Wilkins Kitchen http://thewilkinskitchen.com/
Copyright 2016, The Wilkins Kitchen | Wilkins Leadership Group, Inc., All Rights Reserved